Friday, April 9, 2010

Major Concert Announcement!

“Anybody who listens can’t help but find them contagious.”--Billboard Magazine

It is with great excitement that I announce that Lúnasa will be returning to East Rochester High School on Friday, September 17, 2010! Lúnasa is quite simply the top band in Irish music, and have been for more than a decade. They are also the reason I am an Irish musician. Without this band, there would be no Celtic Music Society, no me as an Irish flute player, and probably no me as a music teacher.

They have been declared "the best Irish traditional instrumental band on the planet" by The Irish Echo, and the UK's famous Mojo music magazine calls them "The New Gods of Irish Music". Mojo's writer states that "Lúnasa’s musicianship is awesome… I’d sell my soul to be able to play like that."

This event is the Friday after the Rochester Irish Festival; Celtic will play at 7:30, and Lunasa will take the stage at 8:00. More info will be coming soon on ticket prices, availability, etc.

Lúnasa’s website is at http://www.lunasa.ie/.


1 comment:

perismom said...

whoooohoooo!!! can celtic alumni participate